Saturday, June 16, 2007

Weird computer problems Weird computer problems

I mentioned in an earlier blog that I have a new computer. Ignoring that it comes with Windows Vista, otherwise it works great - except that I was loading a page in a Firefox and an advertisement was flashing so fast that it was almost uncomfortable to watch.

My guess at the problem is that the new computer has two 3 ghz processors. That is a lot of horsepower, and when misused as was done with that advertisement, the results are not always pleasant. My guess is that the designers of the ad just assumed that it would run slow enough that they didn't have to worry about inserting delays. They were wrong.

Labels:

12:05 PM Display: Full / Chopped / Footer

Display: Full / Chopped / None

Display: Full / Footer / None

Display: Chopped / Footer / None