Tuesday, January 10, 2006

News Feeds News Feeds

Awhile back, I started using a news feed reader (Source Forge's free feedreader ). I think that it is even more adicting than blogging.

What a feed reader is is a program that reads news feeds from various sources. It goes out every half an hour or so and sees what is new there. It turns out that all of the blog sites that I frequent have feeds, so I can monitor them all in one place. Plus, I get current event, business, and technology news on a regular basis. Also, I have been monitoring the Sony BMG DRM sites in order to keep my Sony BMG Rootkit blog up to date.

I think that part of the reason that it is so adicting is that you get the feeling that you are connected into what is happening in the world. If something happens, you know about it almost instantanously, and don't have to wait until the 5:00 news (which I don't watch any way).

Labels:

8:41 AM Display: Full / Chopped / Footer

Display: Full / Chopped / None

Display: Full / Footer / None

Display: Chopped / Footer / None