Tuesday, January 10, 2006

CNET News.com: Chips, flat screens to drive up Samsung profit CNET News.com: Chips, flat screens to drive up Samsung profit

Reuters reported today that "Samsung Electronics is set to report on Friday that its fourth-quarter profit rose by about a fifth, driven by soaring demand for NAND flash chips and flat-screen panels for large televisions."

Yesterday, I finally bought my Chirstmas present from my father at Sam's Club, and it was a Samsung SyncMaster 916V 19" flat monitor for under $300. Anywhere else, and from probably any other vendor, this would have probably cost me $500 or so. It is beautiful. Reasonably fast, and very big. I am reading it right now without reading glasses.

No wonder they are on a roll right now.

Labels:

8:31 AM Display: Full / Chopped / Footer

Display: Full / Chopped / None

Display: Full / Footer / None

Display: Chopped / Footer / None