Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Sam's Club Sam's Club

As most know, Sam's Club is part of Wal-Mart. I joined a couple of years ago to get cheap phone cards for my girlfriend when she was stuck in Las Vegas for most of a year taking care of her parents. Its costs $30 or so a year, and I have her on my account for free.

There are a lot of reasons to shop there, but the best I think is for big ticket items. Yesterday, I bought a Samsung 19" flat screen monitor there for under $300. This was most of my combined Christmas / birthday present from my father, who now gives me Wal-Mart / Sam's Club gift cards instead of presents for just this sort of thing.

But while I was there, I noticed that the wireless Microsoft keyboard and mouse that I had bought the night before at Best Buy for $105, was only $75 at Sam's Club. Since I am under the 30 days with Best Buy, I intend to swap it out for the same model from Sam's Club and save $30. That alone pays my yearly membership.

Labels:

8:31 AM Display: Full / Chopped / Footer

Display: Full / Chopped / None

Display: Full / Footer / None

Display: Chopped / Footer / None