Monday, October 10, 2005

Blogger interface Blogger interface

Moving around the Web, esp. the Blogospere, I have found that a number of other companies seem to do a better job at their user interfaces than blogger.com does. In particular, I find its spell checking almost useless. I find this both writing my own blog entries, and making comments on others hosted by blogger. I typically move my blog entries and longer comments to Word for spell checking first - but don't do it enough, resulting in a reputation on one site as being extremely careless in my spelling.

Commenting is in particular problematic, as the blogger commenting editor does not easily support HTML editing, and thus, you have to either hand code HTML (such as links) or write your comments in an HTML editor, and move them back to blogger before posting them. Others seem to do a much better job here.

Labels:

3:48 AM Display: Full / Chopped / Footer

Display: Full / Chopped / None

Display: Full / Footer / None

Display: Chopped / Footer / None