Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Spam (#3) Spam (#3)

I don't get it. I hadn't checked my mail since before dinner, maybe five hours ago, and found 31 new messages in my inbox. Three were quasi-legitimate, which left 28 as spam.

But of those 28, the five of the first six were identical, all supposedly coming from "info@fxoq.com", and all having the same unintelligable subject line. But then, another five were similar, with an email id of "info", a nonsensical domain name, and total garbage as the subject. I guess the idea is that if I saw so many of them, I must think that they were important, or something.

Oh, and one from "account@paypal.com" and two from "account@amazon.com" all apparently wanting me to give them the information they need to drain my bank accounts.

Do they really think this sort of thing really works? Someone must, or I wouldn't keep getting it.

Labels: ,

11:14 PM Display: Full / Chopped / Footer

Display: Full / Chopped / None

Display: Full / Footer / None

Display: Chopped / Footer / None

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Create Your Own Photo Stamps
Get this - now you can create your own custom stamps on Stamps.com using your own photos.
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to highway construction project on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like highway construction project!

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

November spamalanche bears down on PC users
Consumers should gird for a big wave of unwanted commercial e-mail in the weeks leading to Thanksgiving, when the amount of spam could double as marketers try to reach holiday shoppers, Internet security ...
Hey you've got a great blog here, the best I've seen so far, keep up the good job! A few days ago I was surfing the web and came across this cool site on Online loans - apply for loans online. It features all sorts of interesting information on Online loans - apply for loans online and makes it super easy to apply online. Now I know that people want fast services I recommend they visit Online loans - apply for loans online for quick and hassle-free service.

11:24 PM  
Blogger Nj New Jersey House Cleaning said...

Exciting blog. The site out did itself and will be
back! I love surfing the internet for blogs that are
exactly like this blog.
Search for my ny new york house cleaning blog, please!

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home >>