Monday, January 16, 2006

Multitasking on multiple computers Multitasking on multiple computers

A lot of people think that I am crazy having four computers. But today, I am actually using all of them at the same time. As background, I reinitialized my hard drive on my laptop last night due to problems encountered when I take it down. It runs XP, and this seems to be required every six months or so.

What are the four doing?

D (Old Desktop) - Downloading XP SP2 from MSFT
E (Laptop) - installing things
F (New Desktop) - Browsing, blogging (like this)
G (Server) - what servers do: email, FTP, and Web

Update: It took over an hour to download Windows XP SP2 to system D, but less than a minute to move it from that system to the laptop (system E). It turns out to be some 272 mb, or about 1/4 gb, in size, all in one file.

Labels:

11:50 AM Display: Full / Chopped / Footer

Display: Full / Chopped / None

Display: Full / Footer / None

Display: Chopped / Footer / None